Epsilor’s in-house testing facilities provide a one-stop-shop for certification and evaluation of military, medical, and aerospace batteries and chargers.
With extensive knowledge of industry standards and 35 years’ experience in the portable power field, Epsilor offers third-party testing solutions for qualification testing to civil and military standards, performance testing and compliance testing for both large and small format batteries and chargers.
Equipment and capabilities include:
- Arbin, Digatron and Maccor systems
- Hundreds of charge and discharge channels
- Charge/discharge capabilities up to 1,000 Amp and 380V
- Environmental chambers (temperature, humidity, altitude.)
- Electrodynamic vibration and shaker systems (vibration and loose cargo, shock etc.)
- Cell and battery internal resistance and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
- Equipment is calibrated to NIST traceable standards
Epsilor offers the following services:
Safety and transportation testing:
- UN 38.3 Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods – UN Manual of Tests and Criteria
We have capabilities to provide a full range of performance testing for your batteries and battery powered products, including:
- MIL-STD-810 testing: vibration, shock, thermal cycles, humidity, transportation tests, etc.
- Cell and battery performance under varied temperatures and conditions: capacity, cycle life, workmanship, safety tests, battery performance
Failure analysis services:
Epsilor offers comprehensive failure analysis services for batteries, chargers and portable energy systems. Services include determining the root cause of failure and providing recommendations for corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of the problem.
Epsilor has the testing experience and capabilities to define and perform customized testing programs for a wide range of batteries, chargers and portable power systems. Together with the customer, Epsilor configures the test program which will simulate and monitor the precise battery mission profile according to the temperature, vibration, humidity, etc. conditions.
General product testing:
Epsilor also offer a wide range of environmental tests for general products not directly connected to portable energy systems.